Monday, October 7, 2013

Favourite Anime couples (Updated 01/2016)

There are many anime couples that I ship for but the following are the ones that I find more memorable.

- Sakura x Syaoran  (Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle)





In CCS, their development is perfect. From rivals to dependable friends, to finally becoming a couple. After Sakura was rejected by her crush, Syaoran comforted her. Later on, he still didn't tell her his true feelings as he was worried that his feelings will be a burden to her.  "If I tell her how I feel, she will be troubled because she would think about how I would be saddened. That's why...I won't tell her." 

In the CCS movie, they risked losing their most precious feeling to seal a card, but Syaoran said, "Even if I lose this feeling, I'm sure that I'll just fall in love with you all over again".

In TRC, there is so many Sakuras and Syaorans. It can be pretty confusing with their clone counterparts and cameo from the original ones from CCS. In all, Syaoran is always very protective of Sakura, and she has a strong attachment towards him.


___________________________________________________________________

- Ginko x Tanyu  (Mushishi)





Ginko and Tanyu is not a canon couple (yet), but I really like their subtle romance with a tragic feel to it. Just watch episode 20, A Sea of Writings, and you'll know what I mean. From the small actions to their dialogues, you can tell they have feelings for one another. One of my favourite part is when Tanyu stated that she wanted to travel with him.

Ginko: So what are you going to do when your leg heals?
Tanyu: (ponders the question) I want to travel with you. I want to see the mushi you've been telling me about.  
Tanyu: Just kidding. I'll be an old lady by then
Ginko: (looks at her intently, turn his head and exhales) hmm
Tanyu: I'm kidding
Ginko: Sure. But only if I survive until then. 
Tanyu: (smiles) You better live.
Ginko: Nah, I might get eaten by a Mushi tomorrow even. 
Tanyu: You better live anyway.
Ginko: ...give me a break
Tanyu: (laughs) It'll be fine

Also, I ship them even more after reading an in-depth analysis of this couple on another blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment